Where’s my refund? 

The fastest way to check their refund status is through the “Where’s My Refund?” tool on the Service’s website or via the IRS2Go phone app. Information about refunds may be checked 24 hours after the IRS receives a taxpayer’s e-filed…

April 23, 2018

When do I need tax a attorney?

If you owe more than $10,000.00 to the IRS or the IDR it typically makes sense to hire a qualified tax attorney.  A qualified tax attorney knows how to handle the IRS or the IDR and will act in your…

February 02, 2016

How do I find a good tax attorney?

Unfortunately, it is not easy to find a good tax attorney, although they are out there.  Like any major decision, it is important that you carefully research the attorney that you intend to hire and don’t fall for false promises….

February 16, 2016

How much does a tax attorney cost?

There is no set answer as to the cost of tax attorney’s fees in any given case. There are a number of variables, including how aggressive the IRS is being and the cooperation of you, the client, with us. The…

February 16, 2016

I’m waiting for the results from my audit and the current deadline to file this year’s taxes is approaching, should I file or wait?

This is a very difficult question. If the pending audit changes will affect this year’s tax return it may be advisable to wait until the audit has concluded before you file for this year. Sometimes there are urgent reasons why…

February 16, 2016

What should I do if I received an IRS audit letter?

The first thing you should do is to call a qualified tax attorney who will assist you with evaluating the strengths and weaknesses in your case. Also pay attention to the deadlines listed in the letter and be sure to…

February 16, 2016

How long can the IRS audit my tax returns?

The IRS has three years after the filing of a tax return to audit that return and levy additional taxes. If 25 percent or more has been left out of gross income claims, that statute of limitations increases to six…

February 16, 2016

I received a call from the IRS demanding immediate payment on a credit card. What do I do?

This is a scam intended to steal money from you. The IRS does not directly accept credit cards. Write down the person’s name, badge number and telephone number. Also write down the telephone number listed on the Caller ID. These…

February 16, 2016

Can I get an extension to pay my taxes without penalties and interest?

Yes. However, a request for an extension must be filed with the IRS by April 15 of the year following previous tax year. Deadlines extensions are generally made until Oct. 15. Learn more about filing a tax return extension

February 16, 2016

How can I settle with the IRS for pennies on the dollar?

The IRS often reaches settlements for unpaid taxes through what’s called an Offer in Compromise. While not every unpaid tax liability is eligible for an offer in compromise, those that are will generally receive them. Learn more about who is…

February 16, 2016

Chicago Area Tax Attorneys

Speak With A Tax Attorney


Chicago Tax Attorneys

314 North York Road
Elmhurst, IL 60126
Proud Member of the
American Society of Tax Problem Solvers

© 2023 Patrick T. Sheehan & Associates, Attorneys at Law, P.C. - Privacy Policy - Terms and Conditions
Serving the Chicago Area - Disclaimer